1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image…thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them…
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house…thy neighbor’s wife…nor any thing that is thy neighbor’s.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
There will be, I’m sure, those who take issue with the choice of images I have made here. That is certainly your right. Some may feel they see in my choices a certain partisan bias. While I do not deny that I have partisan opinions, I have made an effort to be bipartisan in my critique here. Nevertheless let me state clearly: I believe not only the ten commandments, but the Bible as a whole contains plenty of basis upon which to condemn both “right wing” and “left wing.” While the two “wings” may choose different of the commandments, or different facets of each, to break, they are both resoundingly guilty. It is my observation that the only really material difference between the “wings” here in the United States, is that one is more likely to make the (false) claim that they abide by the Commandments, while the other makes no such pretensions.
Any offense given in this graphic essay is entirely intentional…and be assured it’s nothing compared to the offense God takes at those who “draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me.” (Isaiah 29:13)